Old 10-03-2004, 04:14 AM
jammer

Default Wanting to keep tads ALIVE this year.

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 23:31:18 GMT, "gribbee"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .
It is not possible to buy a pump at this time, and i don't have
electricity out there all the time, either, but i will keep this

info.

I have a $15 Danner 80 GPH pump in this pond, so you don't need much.
Without circulation, plenty of plants is your best bet. I would keep

the
tadpoles in the pond, but maybe do a 10% water change every week. I

use the
water on my plants and top off the pond that much anyway.

Tadpoles are tiny and won't add much ammonia, and 3 goldfish aren't

going to
produce much either, so you will probably be fine. My fish got

romantic, so
I ended up with 17 fish in a pond twice your size, plus the tadpoles,

and
none died.

Thank you! That makes me feel a little better. I do load up with
plants and will do the weekly water changes. It will be ironic if all
survive and the only reason the ones died last year was because i
moved them. Sigh.....live and learn.