Old 10-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Robert

Default Compost cooked food?

:
: "Robert" wrote in message
: ...
::: I've been told not to compost cooked food (vegetables - obviously
::: not meat!)
:::
::: Why is this - what difference could it make?
:::
::: Thanks
:::
:::
::
:: One good reason is that it can attract rats and another is that it
:: all settles into a 'mush' that does not allow air in for the proper
:: composting to occur
::
:: ..: OK, so how do the rats know you've cooked it? Maybe they're watching
: through the kitchen window. Must be tapping my phone line. I knew we
: shouldn't have gone away from BT. That must be why 136,000 people
: have gone back since Christmas. Rats.

Naa you're mixing up yer rats with yer moles!

Robert South West England