Old 10-03-2004, 04:21 AM
FF

Default Painting Fence

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:58:23 -0000, "shazzbat"
wrote:

SNIP

Under some conditions. Under others, they will collapse within a
few years. If they are exposed to the wind and sun (when there is
any), they are usually OK.

Unless they blow down, like mine does!

Are you a professional?

Nope!

In the big storm of '87(?) the only fence in our row
of houses which came down was the one put up by a fencing firm. All the ones
we nailed up ourselves stayed up :-))

So would ours, I'm sure, but we're on the end of the row. One side of the garden
backs onto a park so the fence sees a bit more wear and tear. The back edge (the
longest) backs onto nature reserve, half of it is on a crumbling wall (the garden has
been extended) and you can only access one side because of the brambles. Oh, and
we're right on top of a windy hill.

If you're that good at fencing, you can come and fix mine:-)

Liz