Old 10-03-2004, 08:58 PM
len gardener

Default vegetable shelf life? in supermarkets

g'day andrew,

well already in the wa wheat belt the farmers over there have with the
help of glyphosate have created a super weed that is now impervious to
even the strongest formula of glyphosate or any other control
mechanism, the stuff they use they get dressed in a space suit sort of
to mix it and use it, their body is fully covered mmm makes you wonder
hey?

i think their testing for want of a better word is mostly only
concerned with the export market they care little about what happens
in the domestic market place.

we got 110mm then but already for the year we are up to 3/5th's of
last years total of 1040mm, so things are looking realy good around
here on the surface just that the lower water table is still very much
depleted, which leads me to keep thinking the drough hasn't broken
just some of us got some good relief.

len

snipped
--