Old 10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Editore25

Default tropical/exotic nurseries in S. California

I am looking for some really unusual tropicals for my yard, beyond what one
finds at the chain nurseries. Interesting and "statement making" plants, if
you get my drift. I am located in temecula, ca and could pretty much drive
anywhere in southern california. I haven't yet found a nursery that has
anything really breathtaking. I found very unique specimens online, but they
are only available in seed form and I would rather plant a maturing plant
instead of crossing my fingers and hoping the seeds will germinate. Of course,
most of these plants probably won't want to live in Temecula, being that it is
a bit more desert-like than the coastal areas, but I still would want to give
it a try. I guess a nursery that is knowledgeable enough to tell me what
exotics stand the chance of surviving and which don't. . .would be a bonus.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated in me finding a great tropical/exotic
nursery with stuff that "nobody else has".

If possible, please email me as well as posting here, so I know that there has
been a reply. Thanks again!
-Kevin