Old 10-03-2004, 11:43 PM
Andy Hunt

Default Berries in a shady spot?

I think your friend might mean that *forcing* rhubarb is a bit complicated
- that involves sticking a pot over the top to encourage the stems to get
long and tender, and I'm told can weaken the plant.

But you don't have to do this: unforced rhubarb is very good and easy.

Ahhh . . . well this guy does tend to make 'mountains out of molehills'. I
think it is an attempt to acquire an air of 'knowledgeability' (spelling?) .
.. . or maybe it's just pure 'rhubarb'!

Rhubarb is a nice big plant too, isn't it. Maybe I will go for rhubarb
instead! (In any case, can you actually get elder plants from shops, or is
it just a case of going out and getting some elderberries and sticking them
in the ground? :-)

Thanks again!

Andrew