Old 11-03-2004, 01:46 AM
Dave Millman

Default Rams Problem

"RedForeman ©®" wrote:

I can only say this about Rams, they suck... I love, absolutely LOVE them,
but they suck... They are the hardest fish I've EVER, EVER tried to keep
alive... I'll give them maybe a month, then they develop popeye, some fungus
or just up and die...

If I ever have a chance, I'd love another crack at them, but until I find a
place that can get and keep them for any length of time, I"m over Rams...

Of course there are those who will disagree, just as there are those who can
breed Discus in conditions resembling Lake Tanganyika, but Rams are soft, acidic
water fish. They seem a bit harder to aclimate than most. It breaks my heart
when I go to the local wholesaler and see 200 tanks of moderately healthy fish
plus 5 tanks of dead rams floatin in our local rock-hard water.

Most fish can be aclimated, but Rams seem to need more TLC during aclimation.