Old 11-03-2004, 06:07 AM
Alan Gould

Default Tomato Seedlings

In article , Alison Johnson
writes
My Gardener's Delight tomato seedlings (growing indoors) are doing well and
have produced a couple of sets of true leaves. Am I supposed to pinch them
or do anything with them, or do I just pot them up and let them get on with
it?

Don't pinch them out or feed them at this stage. Pot them up and keep
them growing on without becoming too leggy if you can. Pinching out is
done when side-shoots begin to form in the joints between the main stem
and fruiting stems, or it can be left if you want to grow the plant as a
bush rather than as a cordon. No feed should be given until the first
fruit truss has set, then only if you think there are insufficient
nutrients in the soil.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.