Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Steve Newman

Default Briggs and Stratton 16 HP OHV engine

"Not Me" wrote in message
I've inherited a Sears lawn tractor with a 16 HP OHV B&S engine. Seems

the
engine was run without oil and is shot/seized.

I need a source of a new/rebuilt/use engine for this machine. Also would
like info on rebuilt kits for this engine. I have lots of time but little
money so ...

BTW Sears wants more for a new engine then they are selling the entire
tractor.

What about a short-block? Did you price one? Did you check on a new engine
from Northern Tool
http://www.northerntool.com/engines/?CMID=osclrp3116ln

What is the model # ? I have a new 14HP V-twin Briggs & Stratton VanGuard
engine
sitting in a box in my garage, Model 294447 Type 1201-A1 4665, electric
start, 1" horiz. shaft.
I bought it on Ebay on impulse at a good price and have no real use for it
(Oh well!). I always
thought it would make a good go-kart engine (kinda big & heavy tho).