Old 11-03-2004, 01:03 PM
Dwight Sipler

Default Problems with slugs in my garden

Dick Zielinski wrote:

...There are plenty of poisons on the market... I don't like to use them
because of small animals, but I end up doing it anyway. but only with
limited success....

I don't have significant slug problems, but I've heard that they like to
congregate under cover of something during the heat of the day. Placing
a board in the garden will provide them with some shelter. All you have
to do then is lift the board and collect them. Alternatively, you could
place the slug poison there and the board will keep small animals from
getting to it.