Old 11-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Bernard Peek

Default Preventing regrowth of horsetails.

In message , Keith Dancey
writes
In article , Jane Ransom
writes:
In article , Keith Dancey
writes

Has anyone any experience of
using sodium chlorate against horsetail? It would help if we could get
some "hands-on" feedback... I have never dared use it.

No, but a few years back someone posted here that he had eradicated his
by continually cutting it back over a period of about 5 years. He was
pretty vicious with it, never letting the foliage see the light of day.

Hmmmm... been cutting mine for over ten years. The thing is, you cannot
cut what you cannot see, and if you cannot see it, it cannot have seen the
light of day.

Judging from the other comments, the patio is more in danger than the
horsetail:-(

Has the OP ever thought of moving:-}

That's what Alan Titchmarsh recommended as the best way of dealing with
horsetails. IIRC he said that shortly before he moved.

--
Bernard Peek