Old 11-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Tom Line

Default nice thing to wake up to

Plant some big rocks out there.

dave weil wrote:
: So, this morning, I go out to my car to make my morning trek for the
: paper and coffee when I noticed deep tire tracks through my yard. I
: then noticed that my 3 year old cherry tree had been hit, the redbud
: sapling planted late last fall was almost knocked over, a couple of
: just emerging narcissi crushed and one of my Don Juans apparently
: driven over (but seemingly relatively unscathed. The car missed *my*
: car by about 3 inches.
:
: The kwaaza cherry had a nice patch knocked off of the base and is at
: about 20 degrees list now. I white glued the wound and will probably
: get some stakes and rope, although it's going to be hard to get it
: upright without using turnbuckles or something (it's got a 3 inch wide
: trunk, so it's not a tiny tree). The redbud was small enough for me to
: simply upright it, and I hope that no permanent damage was done. I
: don't know how it escaped being snapped as it was directly between the
: tire tracks. I'm hoping that the Don Juan wasn't damaged, but it's
: hard to tell what shock might have been incurred.
:
: One bright side - I found bits of car plastic and a wedge-shaped slice
: of headlight glass. Hee hee.

--

Tom Line