Old 11-03-2004, 05:03 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default How do I know those Koi eggs has been fertilized?

Don't worry. If the males are chasing the female, the eggs are fertile or
both males are sterile. Likelihood of that: zero. Watch to see if they
develop. You may have a fungus problem in your other tank.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"John" wrote in message
m...
Hopefully this will not make any of you jealouse, it is in S. Cal and
it is 90 degrees, On Super Tuesday 3/9, I found millions of Koi eggs
attached to the string algea in the pond. very exciting.
There comes the question: how do I know those eggs are fertilized or
not? a few days ago I did notice two male (I suppose) was chasing the
famale (I know for sure) Koi .

I already moved the string algea (with eggs) to a seperate tank