Old 11-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Repeat OGR and winter expose

"Unique Too" wrote in message
We are partial to older varieties but understand that many (all?) of
these bloom only once a season, which probably won't work for us-at
least not as an exclusive variety. So, what would you plant if you
were me?

I missed the beginning of this, so I hope the above is it.

On the woodworking group, there's a joke that the answer to any
finishing question is shellac :-).

On this group, the answer to any question about hardy, repeat
blooming roses should be rugosas :-).

I just did my spring pruning here in zone 5. Lots of winter
kill on the one floribunda and the modern shrub, some on the
various Austin roses, and none that I could find on the rugosas.

And that's after a winter with -25F and no protection.

--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?