Old 11-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Janice

Default Problems with slugs in my garden

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 01:39:55 GMT, Dick Zielinski
wrote:

On 10 Mar 2004 22:33:32 GMT, (Helenkeller2)
wrote:

Hi,

I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone has a good solution to getting
rid of slugs in their gardens. They eat almost everything in my garden it
seems. I do put down eggshells, but the birds come down and pick them up all
the time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Kathy

Oh Lordy, wouldn't I love to have an answer to that one. I have never
heard of egg shells... what are they supposed to do ??

There are plenty of poisons on the market... I don't like to use them
because of small animals, but I end up doing it anyway. but only with
limited success. One system we used a number of years ago, was to buy
some ducks. Ducks love to eat slugs !! But before you do this, you
best love ducks.

We've gotten to the point where we only grow plants that slugs don't
eat...

Dick

Toads! Toads love slugs too, and mosquitoes and all that.

Janice