Old 11-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Rod

Default Does Size Really Matter?

On 11 Mar 2004 09:45:36 GMT, (Bill Pritchard)
wrote:

I've finally decided to pension off our 25yr old Flymo mini hover and buy a
petrol mower. I've decided to get a Honda IZY self propelled. I can buy a 16in.
for £269. The areas I need to mow are 60ftx 20ft and 40ftx20ft. The question
is: will the 16in. cut be alright or should I splash out another £40 and buy
the 18in. and how much difference will it make?
Bill Pritchard
Retired and Emotional

Do Kay's arithmetic and balance that against what you think your
time's worth. I have no knowledge of the specs of these 2 machines but
ime the larger sizes in a range sometimes come with a more robust spec
like a step up in engine power and also a better specified engine for
longer life. At 18 inches you are getting close to the bottom end of
the size range of machines used by pros so look closely at the
details. Don't expect miracles though - I would expect to pay (much)
more for a fully specified pro machine (which you don't need)

Rod

Weed my email address to reply