Old 11-03-2004, 08:32 PM
M. Tiefert

Default tropical/exotic nurseries in S. California

Editore25 wrote:
Yep; there is defintely some places in San Diego that would carry tropicals and
exotics and that is where I'm starting to narrow down my search. I live in
Temecula, which is basically the northernmost part of San Diego county. So I
was hoping to get a list of the best spots - it's hard for me to go cruising
looking around because I don't know the hot spots to go cruising in (san diego
county is a very large expanse). But I guess I can formulate a list as more
people reply and tell me their favorites

Is Pacific Tree Farms in Chula Vista still in business? They have (or at
least, used to have) unusual tropical fruit trees.

You also might try the list of nurseries at the Calif. Rare Fruit
Growers' website:
http://www.crfg.org/nurlist.html

cheers,

Marj (formerly from San Diego)