Old 11-03-2004, 08:57 PM
AJ

Default How to clean the pond

It's been 2 years since we built our ponds in Bay area, CA. It's using
aquascape skimmer and biofall with 12 ft of stream and 12' x 14' x 2.5'
pond. I do not have a bottom drain and have a lots of plants, rocks and
gravel and use SAB and bacteria every once a while, however due to lot's of
plants and floaters most of the fall droppings do not reach the skimmer and
are sunk in the pond and stream as well. We also have about 30-40 gold fish.

- What is the best way to clean the pond and stream bottom without taking
all plants and fish out?
- If I have to take fish and water out how do I keep them and acclimatize
them again to put back in the pond?

Thanks,

- AJ