Old 11-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Lazarus Cooke

Default Will a climbing rose grow till it reaches the sun?

I've got a six foot fence in my garden, facing north-west . If I plant
a rose (that I've bought and planted anyway - "dreaming spires" -
supposed to be "vigorous", but at the end of the day only cost me £2.50
at Safeways) = so, if I plant it, shaded by this fence, will it have
the sense to grow up, like a lonicera, hoping for a good time (if it
does it will find lots of light at the top of the fence) or will it
just moulder and fade the way I sometimes feel like doing in my shady
garden?

Lazarus

--
Remover the rock from the email address