Old 11-03-2004, 11:44 PM

Default know about nepenthes??

"Oxymel of Squill" writes:

I have several Nepenthes plants, the pitcher plants that catch flies, but I
don't know the varieties. Some of them have turned brown over the winter,
others are thriving merrily.
Does anyone know what to do with the brown ones? Should I cut the back in
hopes they will grow again, or just leave them?

Wait until they've died off completely (they usually start going round
the mouth of the pitcher) and snip them off. You won't get a new
pitcher on that leaf, but the pitchers on any new leaves will start to
fill out as the weather warms up and new vines will start to appear at
the base of some of the old leaves.

Anthony