Old 12-03-2004, 01:02 AM
Snooze

Default wheat grass?

"Chris" wrote in message
. com...
Lastweek got a little 8 inch x 6 inch tray with what contained "wheat

grass"
for the pets. This stuff is apparently sold as a dietary "treat" for

indoor
cats who don't go outdoors.

Anyhoo, this concoction started growing in roughly 3 to 4 days, and within

week was "lawn height", actually almost needing a mow if the grass were

all
over my yard and not in a little plastic tray.

My question, is wheat grass a viable lawn grass? From what I've seen, I'd
love to just spread some over my entire yard and let it grow in. This

stuff
is soft and has a fabulous look to it.

Wheat grass is just wheat. As for having a lawn out of it, I suppose it
would work, as long as you don't mind reseeding every spring, or mind having
"amber waves of grain" around midsummer.

Incidentally it's a lot cheaper if you go to a go to a feed store, and just
buy a pound of wheat for about 50 cents a pound. Just toss some into a cup
and wait a week or two.

Sameer