Old 12-03-2004, 01:34 AM
Ka30P

Default How to clean the pond

From what I've seen from their publications
they catch the fish and put them in large
tubs, drain the pond and powerwash the rocks. I suppose they just are very
careful around the plants. (I've asked online and never got a answer - as the
rocks vs. no rocks argument can get heated...)
The pond is refilled and treated with a dechlor product. The fish are floated
in the pond in their containers so the water temp equalizes and then released
to the pond.

This is what we did but we don't have rocks so we just scooped up the gunk and
tossed it in a wheel barrow to deliver to the trees. I'm sure the teenage boys
around here would have rathered played with a power washer than scoop gunk...
;-)

kathy :-)