Old 12-03-2004, 01:37 AM
Steveo

Default Killing crabgrass/fescue in my still dormant bermuda

(D. Gerasimatos) wrote:
In article ,
B & J wrote:

I don't know your zone, but bermuda allows one to spot spray perennial
grasses with RoundUp without killing dormant bermuda. You are probably
too late this year. In zone 6 I find that late February is the latest
spraying time without leaving bare patches in the lawn. It's still
possible to hit the perennial grass patches but expect a month of bare
spots before the bermuda grows back.

The green patches at this time of year are not crabgrass. Crabgrass is
an annual which grows from seeds dropped from previous year's plants and
doesn't begin growing until warm weather. Check with your local
extension service about controlling annual grasses.

I have this grass, too, and the local nursery identified it as crab
grass. If it is not crab grass, what do you think it is?

Dimitri

Does it grow upright, or does it crawl along the ground and then
grow upright?

Can you show a pic of it?