Old 12-03-2004, 02:12 AM
tmtresh

Default Dandelioin

"Hound Dog" wrote in message
A neighbor asked me a question about dandelions and I have not been able

find the answer for him.

If one simply cuts the flowering heads from dandelions and allows the
flowers to just stay on the ground where they fall, will the dying flowers
be able to finish the seeding process and produce new plants.

If anyone can give me a definitive answer to this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Hound Dog

I've noticed that when I dig dandelions and just throw them in the compost
bin, the flowers actually do end up making seed. So, my answer would be-- it
probably depends how much of the plant was attached to the flower. I always
shred the flowers now.