Old 12-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Janice

Default salt and beer

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 21:46:26 +0000 (UTC), Meagan M Eller
wrote:

Janice wrote:
On 10 Mar 2004 20:00:37 -0800, (Dan Driscoll) wrote:

I haven't had any slug problems yet, but I have heard in multiple places
that stale beer is a good solution, sprinkling with salt, etc. Here is
actually a good amount of info I found on the topic in a search:

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/slugs.html

Advice seems to lean toward removing or limiting suitable habitats. This
site also mentions the eggshell solution.

Meagan

Some good info there. I don't think that eggshells are going to
irritate a beast that can easily travel over the edge of a razor blade
without a scratch. I've seen pictures of that trick.

I've seen it written many times that it's the sharp little edges on
the diatomaceous earth that keeps slugs away from plants, but it's
that the stuff will dehydrate them if used thickly enough, otherwise
they don't care. ;-)

Janice