Old 12-03-2004, 05:59 AM
B & J

Default Killing crabgrass/fescue in my still dormant bermuda

"D. Gerasimatos" wrote in message

The green patches at this time of year are not crabgrass. Crabgrass is an
annual which grows from seeds dropped from previous year's plants and
doesn't begin growing until warm weather. Check with your local extension
service about controlling annual grasses.

I have this grass, too, and the local nursery identified it as crab grass.
If it is not crab grass, what do you think it is?

Dimitri

If you're north of zone 7, your local nursery has to be wrong about
identifying green patches in your yard at this time of year as crabgrass.
It's still too cold. The few grass patches in my yard now (zone 6b) are
patches of tall fescue. I have no idea what perennial grass you have in your
yard.

John