Old 12-03-2004, 10:32 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default GM Crops

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
Jane Ransom11/3/04 3:08

In article , Sacha
writes

We've so over used pesticides, ripped out hedges, cleared ground
cover that
we have lost vast numbers of birds, butterflies, wild flowers -
think DDT,
alone banned, I think in 1947? When did you last hear a cuckoo?

We hear them here every year, still.
But no nightjars any more

But I am ANTI GM, so don't think I am 'getting at you' ))

LOL. No, Jane, I'll 'get over it'. I wonder why we don't hear them in
this part of England. We have a lot of woods and spinneys near us and
plentiful other birdlife, too. Very peculiar.

Comparative lack of meadow pipits, tree pipits, hedge sparrows, reed
warblers, sedge warblers, pied wagtails, and robins?

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/