Old 12-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Mike

Default wheelbarrow

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Charlie Pridham" contains these words:

One problem is short wives! if the handles are long enough for me, the
barrow doesn't clear the ground when my wife uses it :~)

And if it suits the little woman, the loop round the front wheel digs
into the ground when I push it, prematurely precipitating the payload.

Also, I bang me shins....

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

We have a Builder's Wheelbarrow. Long handles, pneumatic tyre, easy to
handle, but has 2 faults.

1) with having long handles you have extra leverage to keep you away from
the load which is a good point, but, it is cumbersome going round corners of
buildings unless you have plenty of room, wide paths etc, (the turning
circle from the wheel to the end of the handles is greater with the longer
handle)and

2) we have only had it for a couple of years, but it is as rusty as hell
with part of the turnover on the rim rusting to such a degree that it is
falling off already. There was no primer, undercoat or any form of
preservative on it, just a quick spray of nice green paint :-)) onto bare
metal :-((

The barrow was made by the Walsall Wheelbarrow Company. So keep your eyes
open and be warned.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Loch Fada Association Reunion Scarborough April 2nd - 5th
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th