Old 12-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Broadback

Default wheelbarrow

Franz Heymann wrote:
"s.cieraad" wrote in message
m...

SNIP
I am a Dutch student studying Industrial Design & Engineering at
Fontys University, The Netherlands, and am doing some research into
the usage of wheelbarrows or their substitutes. I have to develop a

Use the widest pneumatic wheel you can obtain.
(1) Easier to steer
(2) Easier to push over lumpy terrain
(3) Less damage when pushed over "sensitive" parts of the garden

Franz

I have a plastic wheelbarrow, purchased from an agriculteral engineers,
it has given me sterling service for the last 4 years, except the tyre
has a slow puncture.
Incidently I read about a wheel barrow with a ball wheel, Dyson was
blowing his trumpet about his invention. Strange I had a dinghy trailor
with 2 ball wheels designed by Barry Bucknall years ago for the mirror
dinghy, that was great for crossing hard sand, soft sand or shingle.

Cheers
John

--
Do not reply to the email address. As all replies to this address are
deleted on arrival.