Old 12-03-2004, 01:13 PM
Meagan M Eller

Default Cilantro

Janice wrote:
Cilantro=Corriander. All I know is the greenhouse had some in bloom,
I sniffed the flower and it was like an ice pick went up my nose into
my brain, the pain was immediate and intense. I'll not grow it in my
yard! LOL

Janice

I have actually grown it. I always like to experiment with new herbs. I am
not a big fan of it as a cooking herb, but it was fine in the garden. I
actually only grew it one season, then decided it was taking up limited
space when there were other herbs I would rather grow that were actually
useful for me.

I really don't have advice, as I don't know why mine grew. It was planted
in full sun, I watered it. I guess the soil was good, as all the herbs in
that area did well. I take a low maintenance approach to most of my
gardening - I try not to mess with plants that look like they are doing
fine. I may not have prize-winners, but I don't get frustrated.

Meagan