Old 12-03-2004, 02:13 PM
Hank

Default Rouge frog

I can hear him at night .......... rubit-rubit-rubit ..............
Sorry bout that

--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1
wrote in message
om...
I've got a bit of a rouge frog.

I'ts spawning season for our frogs here in the north west of

England.
And the ones that live in my pond have been doing what nature

demands.

Sadly I found a dead frog at the bottom of the pond . Clealy a

mating
casualty as the male frog was still clinging on to her! I felt sorry
for this chap so I got his lady out of the water gently removed him
and gave her a funeral.

Today 2 days later i find him locked on to one of my young Koi !

with
his front feet IN its gills. Naturally I quickly netted the fish

and
got the frog off. The fish looked ok but I did let it back into the
water quickly . I might catch it again in a couple of days to check

it
is OK.

The frog I've just set loose in the garden again though if I find

him
locked onto a fish again I think I will give him the boot ( not sure
where to though)

Dave