Old 12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default GM Crops

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Comparative lack of meadow pipits, tree pipits, hedge sparrows, reed
warblers, sedge warblers, pied wagtails, and robins?

I haven't seen pipits or warblers but lots of sparrows and robins, a few
pied wagtails, though not many. I didn't realise cuckoos were fussy as to
which nests they usurped! This wouldn't account for others around here not
having cuckoos but I wonder if our very noisy and busy rookery keeps them
away.

They (FSVO they) have a list of about fifty species they will use as
host for their pretty babies, but I don't think it's known whether any
hen cuckoo will choose any of the fifty, or perhaps, just those which
match the colour of her eggs.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/