Old 12-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Kozmo

Default Anyone ever had Staghorn

I went out of town last week and had a buddy add some Daily TMG,
Potassium and Nitrate (every other day, or so I thought) to my tank,
but when I got back I noticed that I had laid out the wrong bottle and
he was actually adding Phosphates and not Nitrates.

Well I now know that with my tank setup if everything is there and you
add a bunch of unneeded Phosphates you are going to get Staghorn. I
don't know why I laid out this bottle and why I still have it because
I never add any to my tank. I do my best to make sure it's the
limiting factor.

I have never had Staghorn and was wondering if anyone here has and how
long it took to go away. All the info I have read on it says it likes
to hangout near the top of the tank, but mine is on this nice patch of
substrate that I was planning on planting some Glosso on.

Any help would be great!