Old 26-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Lynn Boyd

Default [IBC] more winter concerns

Chris Flagg, et al.,

And just south of you in Oregon we have daffodils over 2 inches above
ground, I am worried that my maple buds look so eager. The greenhouse has
needed very little heat, none at present. We can be uneasy if suddenly
there is ten days of freezing - which I certainly have seen happen. Our
nights appear to be a little warmer here in Willamette Valley than yours in
Washington.
I'd accept a little of the eastern snow now rather than later, too.

Lynn
Lynn Boyd, Oregon, USA

From Chris Flagg
As everyone in the East and South area is dealing with extreme winter

cold.
The Pacific Northwest is dealing with 60 degree weather.

Here in Spanaway, just south of Tacoma, we are having weather in the high
50's and today it is 61 degrees with a light rain. The nights are cold in
the 30's.

Some of my trees are trying to bud. I am covering them at night and

letting
them have fresh air during the day. I hope they don't get to the point of
buds breaking. I have a full size rhody with flowers that I normally

don't
see until June.

Keep warm, and feel free to send some of the snow this way.

Chriss Flagg
Pacific Northwest
Washington, the other state

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++