Old 13-03-2004, 12:05 AM
joe

Default Pond UV Clarifier

On 3/12/04 1:02 PM, "Coffee" wrote:

Do these really work?

Yes - very well. But not on string algae.

Won't they harm the beneficial bacteria needed in the
filter?

Yeah, some that goes through, but not enough to make a serious dent.

I have one that I used and turned off last July to see what would happen. At
that point my pond was well planted. Guess what? No green water. It's been
off ever since. That's not to say I'll get rid of it. Natural ponding is
fine and dandy, but I want to see my fish and rocks. If a tinge of green
obscures my view poof! Whatever technology I can use to attain that goal I
will use as required.

Joe