Old 13-03-2004, 12:39 AM
Steveo

Default Scotts Fertilizer / Grass Seed

"Shane" wrote:
Does anyone know what Scotts Fertilizer I should use for my lawn. Its
still a little cold (50's) and I'm not even watering the grass yet, but I
just want to be prepared when it warms up.

I'm also going to be laying some grass seed, and was wondering what the
best way to go about doing that? I was just going to rack the dirt and
use a spreader to spread the greass seed, but not sure if thats the right
way or not. Any help would be greatly appricated.

Shane

Normally you'd be putting down your crabgrass prevention with a fertilizer
combo now. But, you can't use crabgrass preventer if you're sowing seed, so
you'll need a starter fertilizer to start with. Put your crabgrass control
down on your second feeding, 6 weeks after you put the starter food down.

How big is the area, and is there some grass there already?