Old 13-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Bob Hobden

Default Name the plant

"David wrote in message ...
Looks to me like a young Agave Americana Marginata -- well it looks just
like my pot grown ones.

http://www.aridhouse.btinternet.co.u...marginata.html

I'm with you on that David, we have two that spend all year outside against
our front S facing wall but under the porch roof so they get no rain in
winter and remain dry, it's any wet combined with the cold that does damage.
They seem to take any cold they get, probably down to freezing here.
Best to remove the offshoots and pot them up separately if you want the main
plant to get big. You can end up with rather a lot of them after a few
years. Put it outside in full sun come summer and see it grow.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars