Old 13-03-2004, 01:36 AM
Steveo

Default Help Weeds

"Kees J. Boer" wrote:
Hi, my name is Kees Boer. I live in North Central Florida. I grow cacti
in a elevated well drained bed. I am in the process of redoing the bed.
It has quite a bit of weeds in it, and now the cacti are all gone.
Someone told me that there is a product, which when you apply it to the
bed, it will take all of the weeds out for at least three months.

I wanted to apply it to the beds, before I replant all the cacti. Does
anyone know what product this is? Also, how long should I wait to plant
the cacti after I applied the weedkiller, so that the weedkiller in the
ground won't kill the cacti?

Thanks!

Kees

It sounds like you're talking about Preen. You have to pull any live
weeds that are in the bed first.

Preen doesn't hurt established plants, just seed.

--
Nowadays it just don't pay to be a good ol' boy.