Old 13-03-2004, 03:47 AM

Default Galvanized & Fish

On 3/12/04 7:56 AM, in article , "T"
wrote:

I'm adding an additional filter to my pond. I have a 3 foot gap between it
and the pond and am contemplating various ways of spanning the distance. A
rubber lined rock course might be an option. I really don't like the thought
of PVC pipe. I was thinking about making a trough using corrugated
galvanized metal - that stuff that's so popular on the roofs of barns and
tool sheds. Does anyone know if GALVANIZED metal is fish safe?

T. Wardell
Dallas, TX

Aluminum?
I may have found another solution - aluminum flashing. Home Depot sells it
in the roofing department. It's a 10" wide by 10' roll of aluminum ($5.65).
Roofers use it to prevent rain water run-off over exterior doorways. -- I'm
pretty sure aluminum isn't toxic. - T. Wardell