Old 13-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Zookeeper

Default Strange behavior...

Hi Sue. Have you checked your water quality? Sometimes the water
parameters (pH, KH, ammonia, nitrite, etc. levels) change so quickly in
the spring, that the water becomes slightly toxic and the fish react by
zipping around and jumping. You might want to do a 20-30% water change
just in case.

P.S. What other critters do you have in your "Zoo"? I'm "zookeeper"
because of our three dogs, one cat, one rabbit, and 13 koi, two teenage
boys and one teenage (51 yo) husband, but in the past our zoo has
included another cat, goldfish and a gecko ;-)
--
Zk, aka Kathy
3500gal pond, 13 pond piggies

SueAndHerZoo wrote:
... I don't know why, but the water seems more
green this year than it has in any previous years ... I
... noticed my big platinum koi acting kind of frisky.
He was swimming fast around the perimeter, and even did
a little jump ... I took a walk out there ... and found
that he was trapped behind the potted plant! Not only that,
but there were 4 five others trapped, too! (one dead)

What in heck possessed them to all go back there and get
stuck all of a sudden? ... why this
year, and why all of them? ...