Old 13-03-2004, 01:51 PM
dave weil

Default Buds! Buds!

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 07:29:12 -0500, "Mark. Gooley"
wrote:

"NTANTIQUES" wrote
We've had a flush of very warm weather this week in
the San Francisco Bay Area and my roses are going
bonkers. The Mrs. Sam McGredy climber I put in 3
years ago has won our backyard " first to bud
sweepstakes," honoring us with not just one, but
dozens of baby buds today...

North peninsular Florida, zone 8b. Prosperity, Westerland,
Old Blush in bloom -- just barely.

Old Blush (the climbing variety) is always the first to bloom in my
yard in Nashville as well. I'm a few weeks away from that (thankfully,
as it got down to 29 last night and will do the same tonight).

This year is one of dread since the Old Blush (Cl) got witches' broom
late last year on one cane. I'm hoping beyond hope that I caught the
viral infection early enough and cut the cane before it had a chance
to spread. I'm watching it pretty carefully as it starts to leaf out.

I'd really hate to lose this plant. It covers a 15 foot area on a
chain link fence.