Old 13-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Snooze

Default Really dumb compost question

"Don W" wrote in message
I have had a bag of compost sitting outside here in our wet northwest
winters. I really sort on new to this whole gardening thing...So i am
askingis.....Is this compost that has been sitting outside for 6 months
or so in the rain as good still as a bag of compost that has'nt been
rinsed out by six months of rain. It is in a plastic bag , but im sure
it probably still got pretty wet.

Thanks
Don

There won't be anything wrong with the compost as far as the plants are
concerned. It might have a rotten smell to it, making it unpleasant to work
with. If it smells really bad, and you can't tolerate the smell, just spread
it out on the drive way on a sunny day, let it dry out and air out.

Sameer