Old 13-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Loki

Default Cats - ongoing problem

il Sat, 13 Mar 2004 09:07:41 -0600, Katra ha scritto:

In article ,

Hmm an electric fence, sounds sneaky. I like it. :-))

Cheap too.

That may be a relative concept ;-)

Low electric fences are grossly underestimated in their effectiveness...
My border collie was destroying my fence as she leaped up on it racing
cars, and I was terrified she was going to accidently go _over_ the
fence and get hit. I live on a busy street! We strung a low, double
hotwire, one at 6" and one at 18".

Problem solved. Instantly.

Animals learn rather quickly to avoid the wire and the associated area,
and the teaching is dissasociated from the human, so I consider them to
be a humane training tool. They just sting.

I hate the feel of them myself. shudder

Perhaps I should mention I live 10,000 miles away in New Zealand, so
the soil of Texas is a bit faaaaaar away. ;-) Our soil is more
volcanic in nature. I was more concerned about the plants I sprayed.
We're just entering autumn too. I've just realised the mint may not
grow over winter (darn it).

Mint is a tough plant, but I still cover my catmint patch with sheets
over the winter to protect it. It's a perrenial. How cold does it get
there?

We get several degree frosts but maybe it was the cat that killed it
as well. In that case I'll try again and give it more time to grow
beofre subjecting it to the cats rolling.
--
Cheers,