Old 13-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Katra

Default Cats - ongoing problem

In article ,
"Loki" wrote:

Perhaps I should mention I live 10,000 miles away in New Zealand, so
the soil of Texas is a bit faaaaaar away. ;-) Our soil is more
volcanic in nature. I was more concerned about the plants I sprayed.
We're just entering autumn too. I've just realised the mint may not
grow over winter (darn it).

Mint is a tough plant, but I still cover my catmint patch with sheets
over the winter to protect it. It's a perrenial. How cold does it get
there?

We get several degree frosts but maybe it was the cat that killed it
as well. In that case I'll try again and give it more time to grow
beofre subjecting it to the cats rolling.

You could put a chicken wire cage around the main part of the root
system and let the leaves grow thru it. That way the cat could roll to
it's hearts content and protect the main plant. :-)

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...