Old 14-03-2004, 02:27 AM
Pond Newbie

Default Finally.. my pond page!

The good news is, the neighbors found another home for the dog.

I love animals, I really do. But this one cost me two pair of shoes (one cheap 'garden
shoe' pair and the other my GOOD sneakers), pond liner repairs, then replacement, one
waterlily, my pickerel rushes, one canna lily, one water iris, and ultimately, a fish (who
wouldn't stop jumping out of pond once we moved him to the spillway). I believe in
personal responsibility for pets. Our dog stays in our yard, and OUT of the pond. (Trust
me, she KNOWS better! lol)

We just brought home the BIG pool pump and filter from hubby's mom's house tonight. He
looked at me and said "You don't expect me to put that IN tomorrow do you?"

I was ROFL. It is like, a 3/4hp, 2500gph setup. Sure, that would work GREAT in our 165
gal. pond and 35 gal. spillway. Hahahahaha... if we wanted the fish to think they were
living in a JACUZZI! LOL.

Ultimately, we want to run a 'stream' from up on the hill, where the pines are, and down
to the main pond. Then I will need the monster filter/pump. For now, I think our lil' mud
puddle is doing fine!

I am working on adding some recent pics right now.... we planted a Bradford pear behind
the pond, some more herbs, and some verbena (sp?) around the 'power control cabin'. I just
have to finish uploading these pictures.

DeAnna
--
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-
then you may be able to email me.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

The page looks good and what a pond story!
I predict only good things from now on ;-)

kathy :-)