Old 14-03-2004, 06:19 AM
Chuck

Default Climbing rose for chainlink fence

Blaze Improved?

"Janet" wrote in message
hi all- pardon the intrusion, but would
like your opinion. I have a large garden
and have recently put up a chainlink fence which pretty much cut it in
half. (Thanks
to a moment of weakness at the animal
shelter. I had to take the giant dog that
nobody else wanted.) I have been looking into climbing roses and think
that 'Zephrine Drouin" wpuld be a good choice.

Do you all think that it is a good rose to
add some spice to my dull, drab, necessary fence? It is supposed to be
nearly thornless. it would be planted in
partial shade - possibly where there was
just lawn, previously. I am in zone 6B-
South Jersey where the summers are
hot and humid.

How many years do you think it would take to look like the pictures in
the
catalog?

Thanks for any input.
Janet and her bad dog Buddy