Old 14-03-2004, 11:32 AM

Default best rooting compounds?

Janice in
:

Friend said she saw an article about putting willows in water and
using the water from the willows to water plants you're trying to root
as it makes a sort of rooting hormone, and putting cuttings that will
root in water in with the willows and they'll root quicker. Don't
know how well it works. I think I caught the tail end of a program
that talked about simmering cut up chunks of young willow branches to
make rooting hormone.

i read that in medieval times, a grain seed was jammed up the slit end of
a cutting. this is said to work because rooting auxins are released by
the sprouting seed.

also adequate oxygen at rooting area and very reduced (leaf)
transpiratoin are major requirements.