Old 14-03-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Ground cover for a paver walkway?

"Natty_Dread" in
:

Hi folks -- I just put down some paving stones in my garden yesterday
to make a pathway for ease of weeding, etc. I'd like to plant some
very low-growing ground cover as a fill in between the stones to give
it that old English garden path feel. I live in the Washington DC
area, zone 7; the area in which I placed the stones gets full sun for
a big part of the day from late summer to early fall, and very little
full sun in spring and fall. Something with small flowers would be
nice... any ideas for me? Thanks in advance!

Rhonda
Alexandria, VA
Zone 7

many of the paver fillers tend to like 4" deep sandy soil.

have you checked out sagina/herniaria and kin? i'm not sure how well
they take stomping. also flowers aren't showy.