Old 14-03-2004, 03:46 PM
Stephen M. Henning

Default Groundhogs

Suja wrote:

Although I am no fan of Groundhogs, I've got to say that they've never
actually hurt anything. They're happy to nosh on the lawn (clover or
other weeds, I guess) and haven't touched anything I've planted. The
deer, OTOH....

If a child wanders between a groundhog and its den, the groundhog will
attack the child to get to its hole. I know, one attacked me. You would
never guess how vicious they turn when they think they are cornered.

I will not tolerate any goundhog in our yard area. If they stay in the
woods, that is OK, but not around where kids play.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman