Old 14-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Rick

Default Fecking Damned cats!!!

On 14 Mar 2004 01:23:14 -0800, wrote:

Defend this
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/mammal/cat_predation.htm
if you can....

Its a fact of nature that cats kill birds etc. just like birds eat
worms and insects, insects eat plants etc.

What responsible cat owns can do is to put a bell on the cats collar
and keep them in at night. This is reported to drastically reduce the
kill rate.

I agree.
I don't really have a problem with cats (don't want one myself). It's
the irresponsible owners that I have a problem with.

As you say, if they were kept in, and were trained to use a litter
tray (always supposing that a litter tray is provided) then the
nuisance to the neighbors would be lessened considerably.

Its the attitude that "It's my cat, it can do no wrong" that irritates
me.

There is an outcry if a dog owner lets their dog foul a public place,
well what's the difference with a cat fouling a private place?